Tuesday 10 May 2016

The Truth About Six Pack Abs FAQ - For the Complete Novice

Q1. I work hard in the gym but can't lose any fat. I guess it's just my bad genes, right?

Wrong. Lot's of people give up in their quest for six pack abs just because they think that they have 'bad' genes. But the truth about six pack abs is that the workout routine you follow and the foods that you eat are the real reason that you can't get six pack abs, not your genes.

If you get these two factors right then you will be burning fat and showing off those lean abdominal muscles in no time.

Which brings me nicely on to question 2...

Q2. If I really want 6 pack abs, do I have to spend hours every week on slow, boring cardio?

The fitness industry has brainwashed us all into thinking that we have to spend hours on the treadmill, bike or elliptical trainer if we want to get lean and really lose that belly fat.

But how many people do you know that have actually managed to get ripped six pack abs with all of this cardio? And more importantly, has it actually worked for you?

By the way, it is true that cardio training burns a higher percentage of fat during exercise than sprints or weight training.

However, circuit training, weight training and sprints create a hormonal fat burning response in your body that lasts for up to 2 whole days after you workout.

Not only that but your RMR (resting metabolic rate) will remain elevated for up to 2 days after each workout too. This is down to your body repairing the muscles used whilst working out.

Compare this to cardio where the positive effects last only 1-2 hours post workout.

As you can see, the residual fat burning effects of anaerobic workouts far outweigh those of the slow, boring cardio.

Did you know that too much cardio can actually cause you to lose muscle mass? This will reduce your RMR and actually make it harder for you to burn belly fat.

As you can see, the real truth is that cardio is not the only way to get six pack abs.

Q3. I really want to get six pack abs, but I am petrified of the gym. I'd love to workout at home but can't possibly afford the equipment. What do I do?

First of all, you don't have to be a gym member in order to workout. In fact, I personally haven't held a gym membership in the past 4 years. And my best results have come from working out at home. So it can be done.

Second of all I just wanted to let you know how inexpensive it has been to build up my home exercise equipment. Don't worry about needing all of those hyper expensive, home workout gimmicks.

All that you really need to begin with is a stability ball and a couple of dumbbells. As you build up you can add a bench and some heavier free weights to your collection.

Why not try checking out some online auction sites for some high quality second hand stuff. You might save yourself a bunch of money.

I've probably spent no more than about $250 over the last 4 years getting my equipment together. That's only about $60 a year! And I've got more than enough to be getting along with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube: six pack abs workout